As a geek, I harbor many little addictions that would not surprise other, fellow geeks. But just what are these addictions, you may wonder? Prepared to be awed as one Geek Girl puts it all out there for others to slowly shake their heads at and tsk.
- Dr. Pepper - I'm a southern Geek Girl, and geeks everywhere know that you have to have a convenient, sugar-y, caffeine-laden drink nearby so that you can play games with one hand and remain awake and hydrated with the other.
- DreamFall: The Longest Journey - My newest game. Rich worlds, characters, and story lines keep me glued to my laptop for hours. Literally. This is where those Dr. Peppers come in handy!
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy/ Fiction - I've always been addicted to books of all kinds. Of course I have preferred genres, but I'm open for any and all suggestions, as long as they seem interesting.
- Geeksugar.com - A site dedicated to Geek Girls everywhere? Say no more! I love this site. It keeps me up-to-date on all things tech and gadget, and it gives me a fix when I desperately need a little geek sugar. It's definitely a site worth visiting.
- My Cellphone - Ok, so my cellphone is total crap. In fact, I'm hoping and praying that my paycheck will be miraculously huge this time around so that I can purchase the newest upcoming iPhone (hey, miracles happen!). But I have my cellphone with me AT ALL TIMES. It is my lifeline. It may be an oldie, but it hasn't let me down yet (except when it drops my calls . . . or dies.)
- My Laptop - I have it with me almost everywhere. I cannot go on a trip without it. And I'm usually on it for most of the day. I love it, and I don't know what I'd do without it.
Ok, so those are my addictions. The few that I could think of at the moment. They're hardly gossip-worthy, but I can bet that geeks everywhere will be nodding there heads and agreeing that all of the above mentioned addictions are necessary to make us geek-happy.