Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ah, the Joys of a First Blog


I know that blogging is all the rage now, but to be honest, I just wanted a place where I could put my opinions out there, as well as ranting about my days. The chances of someone actually finding this obscure little blog are miniscule, but I maintain hope. You'll find, as you continue reading, that I have a dry sense of humor, little patience for idiots, and that I am, in fact, a geek.

I didn't always take pride in this fact (OK, I liked being smarter than the people around me, I admit), but the whole "being - considered - weird - because - I - had - my - nose - in - a - book" or "being - considered - strange - because - I - like - to - play - computer/video games - where - I - can - shoot - things - and - blow - stuff - up" does get a bit tiring. Even my friends and SO have mentioned that I'm not like other girls. However, I take this as a compliment, judging by the "normal" girls I've met. And I take great pride in all of this geekiness now. Nothing makes me happier than to own at Halo 3, or CofD4. Books make me happy, and don't even get me started on all the goodies and gadgets that are out now that throw me into a frenzy of "if I save this, and wait for my next pay check, and am OK with not having groceries for a month, save ramen noodles, I can afford that!" I can't wait until technology really takes off, and what's in the works is suddenly in the stores.

OK, so I think I've made it very clear that I am a geek. I am also a female, which makes me a bit of an oddity. A geek girl? Heck, yes. Prepare to be owned! :P

No comments: