This week is National Library Week! Yay! As a geek, this makes me happy. To some, this may be the first time you are hearing of this awesome holiday. And how would you celebrate it, one may wonder. Wonder not, fellow readers, Geek Girl has the answers!
- Return all overdue books and pay off all fines. Both of these actions will make your local librarian happy.
- Check out a weeks worth of library books (that means one for each day). Extra points if all of them have something to do with libraries or librarians.
- Wear a ribbon of any color (pick your favorite, people). Tell people it stands for National Library Week.
- Plan a trip to the Library of Congress. It doesn't have to be a real trip, use your imagination. Bring friends, stop whenever the idea hits you, take lots of pictures.
- Learn how to spell the 100 most commonly misspelled words of the English language. Start with "misspelled."
- Take a trip down memory lane and re-read, or at least remember, your favorite children's books. While you're at it, thank your childhood librarian (if they're still around) for putting up with your bratty ass way back when.
- Volunteer for your local literacy program. I know that even small towns have these (maybe small towns especially). Make sure you can spell the commonly misspelled words as stated above before doing so.