Thursday, October 2, 2008

Count Down!



One of my favorite shows on Discovery Channel is the awesomely dirty Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. The host is hilarious; the jobs are horrifying; it's just a great show to watch. Lately I've been getting a bit antsy with it, though. It is currently in its repeat stage, where they play re-runs until the new episodes come out. Sure I'll watch the re-runs but I own them on DVD so they are getting a little old for me. When oh when, I wondered, are my new episodes coming out?

And so the count down begins! 5 days! 5 days until I can see him mangling maggots, and cleaning ewers, and joking the entire way. One of my favorite older episodes is the Monkey Farm one, in which they are in Africa when they come across a place that is taking care of recovering or infirm Capuchin monkeys. Paddie, however, hates Mike and his crew, so they're basically all running in fear of this small mammal. It cracks me up every time!

If you don't have the chance to watch such wonderful episodes as the Bloodworm Farmers, the Lobster Boaters, the Penguin Keepers, or the Snake Exhibit, then I suppose you can entertain yourself with this:



Note to Readers: I WANT THIS KITTY!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay for you and your shows new episodes... and I love the kitty. I saw him earlier today (natch) and just have to have him!

Kristy said...

I cannot get enough of him! I must have him! I lubs him so.

velocibadgergirl said...

OMG I lurve Mike Rowe! He kills me. Have you seen any of his old QVC segments on YouTube? Comedy. Gold.