Saturday, October 4, 2008

Caution: Contents Will Burn Tongue Off

I recently bought disposable Styrofoam cups a la Starbucks to use when making myself a delicious cup of hot chocolate. I like my hot chocolate Really Hot, and I got a little tired of burning my fingers when pulling a steaming mug of milk from the microwave, so these little cups were a good investment. Except that now, even though my fingers are safe, my tongue is not. I KNOW that I should wait for it to cool down; I KNOW that I will regret that first sip, but I can't seem to help myself. Now I have a scalded tongue and the desire to try again, in case my hot chocolate has managed to defy physics and cool down considerably in the last minute and a half.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

LOL...I burned my tongue on hot chocolate this morning!