Monday, September 22, 2008

I Am Getting Old



I might just be 21 years of age, but I feel much older. Yesterday I was sitting down at my little utilitarian laptop desk, which is made to rest comfortably over you whether you are in bed, or sitting on a couch, but I mostly use it on the floor because otherwise my dog tries to knock it over in her frantic push for attention. Anywho, I sit cross-legged, with my legs under the little table, and yesterday, as I stood to go get myself a soda from the fridge, I realized that my knees were very unhappy. In fact, one refused to support me, and so I just stood on one leg, flamingo-style, in the middle of my room and gave myself a pep talk before forcing myself to endure the pain and WALK, DANG IT!


I've had to deal with "foot falling asleep" issues as well, which is not fun because I never learn. When your foot is numb, it can't really hold your weight. I've fallen at least three times before I made this easy deduction. I think the best plan of action is to get up every thirty minutes or so and walk, just to make sure that I don't stiffen up, or have several limbs that have decided to nod off. But this entire experience has made me feel as though my real age is closer to 80, and that's just depressing.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

LOL... I feel the same way sometimes.. although I took that little age test that daddy sent us and it said my real age was closer to 18.5!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to feel ancient. My little brother, who's 8 years younger than I am, is having a baby this month! That's craziness!

Not to mention that my little sister's two kids are both in school now. Gah, I'm getting soooo old. heh.

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog the other day, btw. :)