Monday, November 29, 2010

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I went to the library today a little disappointed in myself. I hadn't finished my very last book. On the one hand, I should give myself a break. I can't read as much as I used to due to my job's stand against enjoying yourself and keeping good morale going, and on top of that I had a holiday to do and a paper to write before the holiday. Thank goodness I *did* write the paper when I did, because there was an awesome windstorm a-blowing on Thanksgiving, and the power kept going out, which would have sent me into a panic.

So, I went back to the library with every intention of rechecking The Devil in Green, since I'm already almost done with it, and finding one or two more. And here they are!

The Devil's Queen, by Jeanne Kalogridis.
You might recall that I checked out another book of hers last time: The Borgia Bride. I enjoyed this novel so much, I went and checked out the next one I saw on the shelves. I hope it's as good as the first one.
The Queen of Sinister, by Mark Chadbourne.
Chadbourne wrote The Devil in Green, which I am currently finishing, and I want to go ahead and give it five stars. I likable main character, with a cast of supporting characters that are all different, yet fit together so well. Witty, action-packed, thrilling. It's pretty awesome. When I saw that there were books 2 and 3 (I had to pace myself!), I had to check out the next one. Nothing better than reading a series through, all at once.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yay for a new post... and libraries!