Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Library Love

I brought back a few more books from the library this time around than I normally do. For one, despite my schedule, I find myself reading a lot (I am unashamed. I read before classes, between classes, during downtime at work), and I finished the last two books in a little under a week. So, even though I *did* make myself put one back, I got four. And I'm almost done with the first, which I got yesterday.

1. The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
I saw this on my sister's to-read list on good reads, and absentmindedly went looking for it at the library. When I found it, I knew I had to get it, even though I had no idea what it was about. I'm not disappointed.




2. The Pirate Bride - Shannon Drake
I've read Shannon Drake before, and I am *way* into pirates, especially bad-a pirate women that ruled the seas. This book brings about the idea that the dread pirate Red Robert is, in fact, a woman who has never let a foe live to tell (Dead Men Tell No Tales!), who falls in love with a man she has captured, and who must have an awesome pirate fight with her archenemy. What's not to love about this?!





3. Rosie Dunne - Cecelia Ahern
Penned by an Irish author (I'm also way into Ireland), Rosie Dunne is a story of love, a love that everyone sees except the two who are meant for each other. Told in notes and letters, etc., I think it's also known by the title Love, Rosie. I discovered this book through my Chick Lit book club. Go clubs!





4. Extracurricular Activities - Maggie Barbieri
I went to the library with this one specifically in mind, another in the Alison Bergeron mystery series. After discerning that this is probably the second on the list, I snatched it up. I hope it's as good a read as the first!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Lucky you to find what you're looking for at the library! I had 6 books that I went looking for and found ZERO! But I didn't come home empty handed... I saw two that I wanted, one that was on my to-read list, another I was contemplating putting on my to-read list. Yay!

Linda said...

Ah The Forest of Hands and Teeth. That's on my tbr list. Enjoy!

Christine said...

Nice library loot!
The Pirate Bride sounds like a really fun read. Gotta love the cover, too--a red headed female pirate wielding a sword!

Enjoy!

Mollie said...

I own the Forest of Hands and teeth..have had it forever but haven't gotten around to read it yet! I'm looking forward to reading it though....eventuall! :D