Friday, July 24, 2009
I know it has been awhile, but there has been just too much going on in my life, and blogging seemed so trite and pointless. But people keep saying I need to try to keep things normal; I need to keep up with my routine, etc. Whatever. Here's a meme to get things kicking again, which I stole from my sister at Stumbled Into Fate.
1. What is your current obsession?
Oh, there are so many. Going to the shooting range; reading the newest in fantasy and chick lit; Dr. Pepper.
2. What do you hate the most that everyone else seems to love?
I dislike reality TV. I'm not talking Dirty Jobs or Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, I mean like the VH1, MTV, Real Desperate Wives That Live Somewhere or Other. Gag.
3. What are you wearing today?
I have on a bit of a dressy light blue v-neck shirt, paired with my favorite jeans and probably my gray sneakers, although I'm sporting the barefoot look at the moment, since I'm sitting alone at home.
4. What's for dinner?
Spaghetti Marinara that I have frozen in my freezer (TV dinner), plus chips and dip, along with a heaping dose of whatever the Travel Channel wants to throw my way.
5. What would you eat for your last meal?
A cheeseburger, fries, hot apple pie, and a ginormous Dr. Pepper.
6. What is the last thing you bought?
Gas for my car. I avoid buying frivolously lately. I'm going to Wingstop, and this will be the first time I've spent money on something I don't really need for awhile.
7. What are you listening to right now?
My TV. Some weird show that will discuss Harry Potter, "the greatest children's classic of a generation."
8. What do you think of the person that tagged you?
I didn't actually get tagged. :/ But I love my sister. :)
9. If you could have a house--fully paid for and totally furnished--anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Texas. Or possibly somewhere pretty, with seasons, a small suburb community a la Gilmore Girls.
10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
I haven't been to an arcade in forever. . .
11. What is one of your hobbies?
Reading. Lol. Was that hard to guess?
12. What is ONE of your favorite quotes?
"Your trials are but a small moment. . ." D&C 119.
13. What is your favorite color?
Gray. Dove gray.
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
I love my Hydraulic jeans. A little distressed and a lot comfortable.
15. What is your dream job?
I would love to be the editor of PC Gamer magazine.
16. Describe your personal style.
One hundred percent casual. Jeans, t-shirts that are probably a little too short for most peoples' comfort, and flip-flops, or some Chucks.
17. What is your favorite tree?
I like Oak trees. They represent strength and wisdom, at least to me, and those are two things I need daily. Also, nothing is nicer than sitting, reading under one on a cool Fall day.
18. What are you going to do after this?
I'm going to Wingstop to meet a friend.
19. What is your favorite fruit?
I love Cantaloupe. Especially when it is soft and juicy.
20. What inspires you?
Music, scriptures, people, art. It depends on my mood and what touches me that day.
21. Who was the last person that you kissed?
;) My SO (that's code for significant other.)
22. What are you currently reading?
I'm re-reading Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs. I love her Mercedes Thompson series.
23. Go to your bookshelf, take down the first book that you see with a red binding, turn to page 26 and type out the first line.
Goosebumps: Piano Lessons Can Be Murder- "She always acts like that," I told them.
24. What delighted you the most today?
Coming home and seeing my dog after work.
25. By what criteria do you judge a person?
The way they speak to me or those that I care for. If they have an attitude, they better believe they'll get one right back.
26. What was your childhood nickname?
Schnookie. It's German.
27. What are you afraid of?
Losing those I love most. Facing those fears is the worst thing ever.
Whelp. Enjoy. Hopefully I'll have another blog to write out soon.