Friday, July 22, 2011

Geek Girl Has a New Job!


Ok, so the job isn't "new" new, doesn't mean I can't be happy about it. I quit my old job months ago and applied for a position at the university library. Halfway into the Spring semester, I got a call for an interview, and then a second call a few days later offering me the position. Yay!

I love my job: printing labels, organizing and covering books (you know that hard plastic cover on paperbacks? I do that!), I security strip them, I move them about, I input them into the system, I take them to the circulation desk to be distributed the huddled masses of students who won't ever appreciate half the books anyway.

Yes, I love my job. I love getting hands on with the newest books and and making notes of which ones I want to read. I love getting to see the back stacks of how the library runs. But. . .

I've tried to be friendly with the girls I work with. It's the first time I haven't been the baby in the group, but i'm not THAT much older than them. Being friendly makes no progress. Getting answers to a question that would hopefully spark a conversation is like pulling teeth. I have finally decided; screw it. I just need books anyway.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

They won't talk to you? How rude!! And I thought Cali was full of rude people.... sheesh!