Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Library Loot


I planned on a trip to the library today, and made myself follow through, even though I knew I'd stay forever. I was a little disappointed, as there were many books that looked interesting, but didn't exactly *grab* me, and so I ended up heading home with only one: a highly unusual event for me. But it's for the best, considering my busy schedule lately. (For example, I spent a long while trying to complete my statistics homework this afternoon when I got home, and I have a test tomorrow.)

The good thing about the book I got was that it did grab me, it really, really did, and I am really excited about it. Having already started it, I have to say that I'm already happy to be along for the ride. A reading me is a content me. The book was a suggested book for my new chick lit book club, entitled Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella. Not her usual chick lit slant, Kinsella introduces Lara Lington, who has just attended her great-aunt's funeral. And she meets her great-aunt's spirit. With a final request for Lara - find a missing necklace - she must find the necklace in order to put her great-aunt to rest.

What really intrigues me about this novel is the personality of the spirit - a real "twenties girl" - feisty, spirited, fascinating. I haven't gotten far into the book, but I' looking forward to meeting Sadie and reading the all about the shenanigans Lara gets into, not to mention the arguing and learning she'll earn through her old auntie. I'm not recommending, however, until I complete it. Until then, happy reading!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I have GOT to get this book. Thanks sis :)