Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall



I live in South Texas, so when everyone at my work announced (at different moments in time) the first day of Fall, I might have said "yay" in my head, but it meant nothing to me. Our leaves don't change colors, and our weather doesn't get cool until - oh - December or so.
But this morning, I took my dog outside, and it was cool! It felt amazing! It smelled so fresh! It was Fall! Mind you, "cool" in South Texas is in the mid-60's, and, to give you an idea of how our weather here really goes, when a few of us found out that the high would be in the low 80's, we all cheered, because that is unprecedented so early and it's been so hot lately, but today was perfect. It'll change by tomorrow and it won't actually get "cool" until, you know, Christmas. But still! Count your good days!
P.S. I will be going to the library soon (when I finish the very latest book I have been reading, John Kessel's The Baum Plan for Financial Independence. Full-time school, plus work is not conducive to reading time.) When I do go to the library, I will blog about my picks, why I liked them/chose them, maybe a little about each one. I stole the idea from my sister, who stole it from someone else. I'll have to find out who and get back to you.

P.P.S. I joined a Chick Lit reading group, so some of my picks will be due to said reading group. :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yay for fall and libraries!

BTW, did you ask to be added to said reading group? Because I see it is private... invite me please. :)