Saturday, July 17, 2010

Long. Day.

I had work bright and early this morning, unfortunately. Too bad I wasn't as sunny as the morning was at even that early hour. At least, not until I had a few hours of work under my belt, a Coke well on its way to infusing its caffeine goodness into me, and some good reading (after performing my work duties, of course. Phone message check and e-mails to look at. Calls to answer. An in work test to take and get certified in). Afterward, I headed to my soon-to-be in-laws house to do some much needed shopping with my sister-in-law (future, that is).

We went to J C Penny's first. Of course, I hadn't thought to go there for what I was looking for, but I was happy to find what I wanted, for a much more reasonable price and a buy 1 get 1 free sale, to boot! After searching for shoes and a dress for my other sister-in-law-to-be, we headed out of the mall. I was done with trying things on and shopping in general. Until we made it back, and it was mentioned that I needed long sleeves for my wedding dress. Also, her bride's maids dress had come in, and we had to rush to the seamstress to get it altered ASAP. I am getting married in less than a week, and we needed stuff fixed pronto. Of course, S, my sister-in-law-to-be, looked gorgeous in her dress. The color was amazing and her blue eyes just popped.

After that quick run to the seamstress, S, who had earlier endured many tryings-on, told me that I could merely buy a white, long-sleeved leotard to wear for my marriage (the reception will not require long sleeves). We stopped by one place, which had only one size of the leotard I looked for, which was not my size. The next place we found in the nick of time. They had my size, and although I payed a bit for the thing, I left reassured that I had found what I needed.

The last thing was, of course, shoes. I am not a high-heel kind of gal. I plan on wearing white, beaded ballet slippers. After a trip to Jo-Ann's Fabrics, where they were out of my size, we headed to Michael's, where I found a suitable pair, with pearls and beads and a bow, perfect for my gorgeous yet simple dress. By this time, I was so ready to collapse from hunger that I was glad when we headed back to the house for the second time.

Now I am at home, listening to music and looking forward to my bed and much wanted sleep. I did take a super long nap at the in-laws house, considering I was so exhausted, and my appetite had been satiated. I wish I could sleep in mornings, but my body wakes up a little after 8 and won't let me rest after. However, wake me up before then and I will gladly bite your head off. I am NOT a morning person.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I know how you feel first thing in the morning at work... it is not pleasant!

I'm happy you found everything you were looking for! Can't wait to see you in your dress :D.

Mommy and I are going shopping for my dress when I get into town. Yay.

Oh and... Mmmmmm COKE!