Thursday, March 4, 2010

Of Ice and Men


I hate puns, but I had to get back to my nerdy roots somehow!

Recently, I went to a hockey game with my Significant Other and a few other couples. I've gone to numerous hockey games with my SO lately, but this one put them all to shame.

We were RIGHT on the front row. (You can see the view from the two pictures I've added.) Anytime someone would check another player into the glass near us, I would startle and jump. Details (including missing teeth) were so very clear. We also splurged since we hadn't had dinner and ate a chili cheese dog (me) and a cut beef sandwich with onions, jalapeƱos, and amazing bar-b-q sauce (him). After the first period, we went back for more, ordering supreme nachos and cotton candy. The couple we sat next to had two adorable children: one a little older than a year and the other 3. I offered the little year-old girl some cotton candy, which she promptly ate, but what really got her begging were the nacho chips (sans spicy chili and cheese). That kid could really put it away!

It was so much fun watching the kids see the game so close. The little girl learned how to pound on the glass when we got a goal, and seemed to be getting really into the game.

Definitely an evening well spent - a great date night!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

Oh ... Kats posting about an actual event ... Im so excited! Kat i read this whole post!!! YAY! Keep em commin!

Kristy said...

Lol @Kremer!

Love it sister! I'm glad you had a fun date night... although I don't know how fun a hockey game can be... but don't worry lil sis... the Hooks will be playing soon! :)