Monday, May 11, 2009

Maintenance!

So, I've been spending the week cleaning and doing general maintenance about my apartment. I got the entire place cleaned, swept, mopped, scrubbed, and steamed. My carpet looks brand new. I realized that a Kindle actually MIGHT be a good investment, because I sold a ton of books, and I still have to keep a bunch camped on my dining area table because my bookcase is F-U-L-L. My dad bought me some cleaning supplies on Mother's Day (I'm not sure if that was a gift or just him being helpful), so I got to unclog my bathtub drain and I get to scrub the living daylights out of it to get rid of soap scum. FYI, you brunette geekettes out there: those "Sparkling Brunette" shampoos that bring out the "natural, shining chocolate hues" in your wonderful hair? Leaves coloring that sticks to soap scum! Yucky! I also re-attached my bedroom doorknob, since it was loose.

Point of this blog: I am not only a girly geek, but a handy one, too!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yay good for you! We did some much needed "spring" cleaning as well! Such a relief to get it over with!