Sunday, December 7, 2008

How a Geek Girl Keeps Herself Occupied


I promise I am not a ditz. Ok, I have my moments, but show me someone who doesn't! When boredom encroaches at my job, and I'm stuck unable to do much about it, my mind switches to Distraction Mode. And it isn't pretty. Here are some things that I've thought in the last week in DM.

  • Wow, I've heard of split ends, but I don't think I've ever actually seen them before. Definitely time for a hair cut.
  • Why do people wear so much perfume? She's way over there and I can still smell what she's wearing.
  • I wish I could whip out my crossword puzzles right about now. I'm pretty sure I'm losing brain cells.
  • I wonder what will happen next in Elantris. Why can't I read books on the job again?
  • Why do they call them pants? It's one item of clothing. Sure they have leg holes, but shirts have two sleeves and we don't say, "I can't find my shirts."
  • Unless of course we are searching for more than one shirt.
  • How can I wear a skirt without freezing my legs off, and without doing the whole "jeans under my skirt, I'm so fashionably forward"?
  • OMGsh, if my boss comes out to tell me something I already know one more time she's going to learn the definition of smart-ass.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm pretty dizty too (we all know that!) so you're not alone! It's hilarious how you remember all of the things that distracted you in the first place! Oh and jeans under the skirt thing is SO last year, haha. Just helping you out. :)