Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Further PAX

Sorry for the hiatus - onto the further escapades of PAX awesomeness!

Friday was the start of PAX, and it thankfully began at 10:00 AM. I needed extra sleep due to jet lag. We walked to a Subway shop for breakfast, and continued on to enter the expo. We went an awkward way that first day and ended up in the building, well,  before we should have. Realizing the place would be way more crowded if they were open, we discreetly exited and went around to enter with everyone else.

It was loud, it was crazy. We checked out booths left and right and center. I bought a panda beanie hat. Kawaii! Soon after, my hubby spotted someone of whom he was a fan. Kris Straub, creator of the completely awesome Starslip Crisis. Of course, hubs didn't want to go talk to him because it was KRIS STRAUB! So, like the good wife that I am, I insisted and poked and prodded until he was able to go up and introduce himself, and give him a thumbs up. I was very happy that he was so happy, and I got to meet Kris.

Afterward, we hoofed it to a nearby theater, for the Penny Arcade Q&A. It was super exciting to see Mike and Jerry, so we were feeling pretty nerd-happy, when the SO leaned over and said, "You should go ask Jerry what he's been reading lately." So I did. I stood in line to ask a question and got to talk to Mike and Jerry! Squeeeeee! Sadly, Jerry didn't have any suggestions, but Mike had recently read The Sparrow. Yay!

Then it was onto the Swag!!! Yay free stuff! We got Magic: The Gathering bags and coloring books, drawn by none other than Mike himself!, and a magazine and a few brochures and a pack of Magic cards. I grabbed the red, because I prefer the color: the way it plays, the spells, etc. My own deck is completely red, and say what you want, but I love it.

After checking out all the booths showing off the newest console and computer games, we had dinner, at the same Subway we'd had for breakfast. By this time we were exhausted. We felt bad about not enjoying the expo til 2 AM, but we were both practically dead on our feet. Nothing a good night's sleep didn't fix.

1 comment: